CRYPTO UK WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
At Crypto UK, confidentiality is legal obligation as well as a top commercial priority. Whether you are a member or a visitor to our site, we want you to understand how we protect your privacy where we collect and use information about you, and the steps we take to safeguard that information.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BROWSING OUR SITE
Although Crypto UK uses website data to improve the products and services offered to members and visitors, the data is reported on an anonymous basis and we do not associate personal information with the gathering of data (unless you enter your information for the purposes of attending an event, or purchasing any literature, for example). Such data may include the number of visitors, the pages they visit, how long they stay on the site, and the domain name of the site visitors connect from.
Third parties might also create cookies when you access their sites through links posted on our site. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that these cookies may contain. Please contact the third party site for more information on their policies regarding cookies. Although we expect third parties to adhere to our privacy policies and terms and conditions of use, we are not responsible for their actions or policies.
CRYPTO UK SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
If you submit information in one of our online forms, whether you are a Crypto UK member or a visitor browsing our site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect the information you submit. This technology protects you from having your information intercepted by anyone other than Crypto UK while it is being transmitted to us. We work hard to ensure that our site is secure and that it meets industry standards. In addition to encryption technology, we use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g. passwords and personal identification numbers) and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data.
PRIVATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event that visitors provide us with private personal information about themselves (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address) for the purpose of receiving information about our products and services, or if you are a Crypto UK member and we obtain from you or from other sources private personal information about you in the course of providing you with our products and services, the following are the steps we take to safeguard such personal information (“Personal Information”).
Crypto UK restricts access to Personal Information about you to:
- those of our staff and advisors who need to know that information in order to provide the products and services you receive from us
- those unaffiliated third parties whose access to such information is permitted or required by law and who need to know that information in order to assist us in providing you with the products and services you receive from us
- those unaffiliated third parties whose access to such information is necessary in order for us to engage in joint marketing efforts with such unaffiliated third parties
To protect the security of Personal Information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards for guarding the information we collect about you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In providing you with advice, information, products and services, or information about such products and services, we may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- information we receive from you on forms (including online forms). This information would include your name, address, contact numbers, etc.
- information about your creditworthiness, credit history, and other information about you that we receive
- information about you obtained in connection with our efforts to protect against fraud or other financial crime.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose to unaffiliated third parties with which we are engaged in a joint marketing arrangement Personal Information such as information we receive from you. This information would include your name, address, contact numbers, etc.
CATEGORIES OF PARTIES TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE
We may disclose the types of Personal Information listed above to the following types of third parties:
- companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to others with which we have joint marketing agreements to sell our products or services
- publishers and other direct marketers of products related to cryptocurrencies, such as newsletter or book publishers and software or system developers
- other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATES
We may, from time to time, make changes to this Website Privacy Statement. We recommend that frequent visitors to our site reread this Website Privacy Statement periodically to learn of any updates and changes we have made to this Statement. Should you become a Crypto UK member by obtaining a user ID and password and completing membership forms online, we will notify you of any changes we make to this Statement in the following manner. The first time you log on to our website after we have modified our Website Privacy Statement, we will require you to click through our revised Statement. You will not be able to access the member only part of our site until you agree to the terms of the revised Statement.
If you register for our online products or services, we retain your user ID and password and other information about your use of our site in order that we may recognise you as a registered user. We may obtain your email address from you or from another source.
We may send you (via email or otherwise) information about our latest developments, products and services.